Monday, October 27, 2008

Hayden is 10!!!

My little boy is 10. I am dying right now. I can remember so perfectly the day he was born. I never thought that it would be possible to feel that way about anyone. I can't describe how much I love my little Red. Although he isn't so little anymore. It goes by so fast and sometimes I wish that I would have savored the little moments, instead of being in such a hurry. What an awesome young man he is becoming.
I don't have pictures to post of his birthday party that we celebrated yesterday, with a vanilla cake that I food colored orange with blue cream cheese frosting (Go Boise State) per Haydens request. He got a Boise State sweatshirt, that Dad wrapped in a cereal box and duct tape. It was funny to watch him open it. It only took about 8 minutes.
Today, he had to go on a treasure hunt to get the rest of his presents. It was fun to watch him running around the neighborhood. When he got to his final destination where his treats and gift were, he divided his candy up in 2 piles and kept one for himself and gave the other to his little sister. What a good kid.
Just a side note, he is not always that nice to his sister. I wouldn't want anyone to think we are perfect over here.
Anyways.....Hayden, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!!!! I want you to know that I LOVE you so much. You were my saving grace and my angel. Have a great day.
Love Mom!!

1 comment:

Elena said...

Ahhhhh...Yep, 6 years ago. They were turning 4!! How did this happen so quickly? It freaks me out. What freaks me out even more is that next year Kate will be 4. My baby baby!!!! And then tomorrow she'll be 10 like the rest of them. I love that you hid his presents. What a fun idea. I'm going to try to remember that one.