Thursday, January 22, 2009

Missing Santa....

It is official...I am the worst blogger ever. I always think about it and then I forget.
My good friend Elena reminds me now and then that I need to update.
So here we go. Christmas at our house was good, we just stayed home and had Paul's Dad and brother Tom and my sister Kayla all stayed at our place. My Parents and my brother Beau came in super earlier in the morning despite the terrible roads. We opened gifts, laughed and just had a great time. Then we went to breakfast at Denny's Greg bought....Thanks you. It was so nice not to have to cook and clean up. Then we came home and played guitar hero, dance dance revolution, battleship, farm, tractors, and some even got a nap in. It was great. My folks left and we went to Paul's Grandparents and had dinner with his twin brother Kent and his Mom , Greg and Tom it was a really good time and really good food. The kids opened more presents and we visited. It was a really great Christmas spent with family.
Okay for the funny story the night before Christmas, Paul was asked by some of our friends to play Santa. We had been at my Grandparents in Parma and the weather was terrible it was snowing and blowing and it took me forever to get home. Anyways Paul's Dad dropped him off and then came here to the house. I was still on my way home. I got home and got the kids unloaded and got a phone call saying Paul was done. So Greg and Tom said we will go get him. 20 minutes later they were still not back they had missed the turn and gone to far. Our friends only live about a mile from our house. So I called my friend to find out if they were there. Keep in mind the roads were really bad and it was snowing and blowing so hard. She said that Paul had left about 20 minutes ago to walk to the corner to get picked up so that he wouldn't get caught by the kids..... then Greg called and said that they couldn't find Paul, but were following fresh tracks in the snow. I really thought they were just being funny. I jumped in my car so did Heather and Greg and Tom were still driving around. As I rounded the corner of our street and headed to Dallin Woods. I saw this figure walking down the street holding something in his hand. It was almost solid white. Yes it was my husband poor guy had walked home because he had waited for like 15 minutes and no one had picked him up. In his hand was a plate of goodies that were soaking wet and running everywhere. Who says that Santa can't get lost......

2 comments:

Elena said...

Hooray! Updates!! Was poor Paul wearing a Santa suit? So funny!

Alan & Connie Weber said...

That is hilarious! Was he in his Santa suit??